Dunkest NBA Fantasy Basketball has 2 game modes:
- Classic mode (all versus all): you have 95 credits to choose 10 players and 1 head coach and challenge other users. Fantasy teams have non-exclusive rosters, meaning that each player can belong to multiple fantasy coaches. Read Rules
- Draft mode (auction): make an auction with your friends and create your own fantasy team to manage during the season. Fantasy teams have exclusive rosters, meaning that each player can belong only to one team in the league. Read Rules
Here are the official rules of the Dunkest fantasy basketball for both game modes.
With your Dunkest account you can create up to 3 fantasy teams. Each fantasy team has 95 credits to purchase 11 players:
- 2 Centers
- 4 Forwards
- 4 Guards
- 1 Head Coach
Each player has a credit value that changes over the course of the season based on actual performance.
The starting five can be arranged according to the following game formations (guards-forwards-centers):
2-2-1, 1-2-2, 2-1-2, 1-3-1, 3-1-1.
CAN I PLAY AFTER THE LEAGUE BEGINS?
- The fantasy teams created once the championship has begun obtain an entry score (equal to the average points of the Dunkest teams), which is assigned at the end of the Matchday.
- Credit budget: 95cr + 0.3cr for each Matchday played before registering (Ex.Registration on the 7th Matchday: budget of 96,8cr (95 + 0,3 x 6 Matchdays)
- Team creation with a Matchday in progress: it is possible to select only players who have yet to play their match or who have not played in the matches already played. The chosen players will in no way influence the score attributed on that specific Dunkest Matchday that will be equal to the average entry score.
Each Matchday (M) is divided into Game Turns (T1, T2, T3, etc.), which are the blocks of games played on a given day of the championship.
Ex: T1 are all Tuesday games, T2 all Wednesday games
In the space between 2 turns it is possible to:
- Make field-bench subs and change the Captain, but only if the new player chosen has not yet taken the field.
- Change the team formation
- The player that is moved from the field to the bench halves his score (players that are placed on the bench get 50% of their scores)
- Before the beginning of each Turn you can reset all the substitutions made by clicking the appropriate button
- Edit your team every Matchday in order to have a team of 11 players that are distributed over the different turns and, before the beginning of the Matchday, always line up the players who take the field in turn 1 (T1): you can then replace them after turn finished if you are not satisfied.
- Ex. It is the first day. It is played over 2 Rounds (T1, T2). Tuesday (T1) Team 1 plays against Team 2. You should choose to start a center belonging to Team 1 or Team 2. For the choice of the second center, you should choose one who plays in T2, thus guaranteeing the possibility of replacing the first one, if he does not get a good score.
Between the end of each Matchday and the beginning of the next one, the trade market opens.
During this time, you can sell the players of your fantasy team and buy new ones to improve your roster:
- You can make an unlimited number of transfers
- For each transfer you will receive a penalty of -5 points (-2 points for the Playoffs phase), which will be subtracted from the total score of the upcoming Matchday
- At the end of each Matchday we advise you to always make 3/6 transfers. In fact the -5pt penalty for each transfer (-2 points for the Playoffs phase) is an acceptable value considering that the new player could score many more points than the one you currently have on the team
- If you have to completely change your team, you should use the Wildcard, a bonus that (when activated before the start of the matchday) cancels the cost of all transfers made for an entire Matchday.
ANTICIPATED OR POSTPONED GAMES
- If one or more games are moved to a time when the Matchday has already ended and the following Matchday has not yet started, they are considered valid for the purposes of the game.
- If one or more games are moved when a Matchday is in progress, the players (including the head coach, injured or suspended players) will get the average score in the game turn originally scheduled.
- If one or more games are postponed a few hours before the start of the Matchday, the players (including the head coach, injured or suspended players) will get the average score in the game turn originally scheduled
- In the event that games of the 1st Matchday are postponed, the players (including the head coach, injured or suspended players) will get an average score which, being the first Matchday, will be equal to 0 points.
TEAMS AT REST
During the course of the season it is possible that on some Matchdays there are some teams at rest: this happens with a view to optimizing the game schedule. All players (including the head coach, injured or suspended players) will take their average score at the end of T1.
In the event of special events, the organization reserves the right to make any decision, which will be promptly communicated through apps, news and social channels.
The score of each player takes into consideration the personal performance (regular time plus overtimes) and the result of his team.
It is calculated as the sum of the following statistical actions:
|Defensive rebound caught||+1|
|Offensive rebound caught||+1.25|
|Blocked shots performed||+1.5|
|3 Point Field Goals Made: 3/4/5+||+3/+4/+5|
|Team win||+5% of his score|
|Missed free throw||-1|
|Expelled due to fouls performed (6)||-5|
Data Source: scores are calculated using the official NBA box scores as data source. This data source is unquestionable, and its data are measured in an incontrovertible and objective way based on the performance of the players during the course of real matches. Therefore, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy of the data. The organization reserves the right to modify one or more data based on obvious errors or different interpretations of the game actions by the supplier.
The score of the coach is calculated as the sum of the following actions, multiplied by a coefficient:
|Team win with a margin of 1-5 points||+15|
|Team win with a margin of 6-10 points||+18|
|Team win with a margin of 11-15 points||+20|
|Team win with a margin of 16-20 points||+23|
|Team win with a margin of 21-25 points||+25|
|Team win with a margin of 26-30 points||+28|
|Team win with a margin of 31-35 points||+30|
|Team win with a margin of 36-40 points||+33|
|Team win with a margin of > 40 points||+35|
|Overtime win (independently of the margin of points)||+18|
|Points scored > o = a 120 pts||+5|
|Points suffered < o = a 95 pts||+5|
|Team defeat with a margin of 1-5 points||-7|
|Team defeat with a margin of 6-10 points||-10|
|Team defeat with a margin of 11-15 points||-13|
|Team defeat with a margin of 16-20 points||-15|
|Team defeat with a margin of 21-25 points||-18|
|Team defeat with a margin of 26-30 points||-20|
|Team defeat with a margin of 31-35 points||-23|
|Team defeat with a margin of 35-40 points||-25|
|Team defeat with a margin of > 40 points||-30|
|Overtime loss (independently of the margin of points)||-10|
|Points scored < o = a 95 pts||-3|
|Points suffered > o = a 120 pts||-3|
The score of the coach is multiplied by a coefficient that expresses the difficulty of the game. This coefficient is calculated based on the difference of credit quotations between the two challenging coaches.
Ex. When a coach with a higher price wins against a coach with a lower price his score is multiplied by a value lower than 1 - see coefficient table. Similarly, when a coach with a lower price wins against a coach with a higher price, his score is multiplied by a value greater than 1 - see table of coefficients - thus obtaining an additional bonus).
When the score obtained by the coach is positive, it is multiplied by the value indicated in the table. When it is negative it is divided by the same value.
|Difference in credits||Coach with higher price||Coach with lower price|
|> o = 16,00||0.70||1.60|
|8,00 - 11,99||0.79||1.41|
|6,00 - 7,99||0.83||1.32|
|4,00 - 5,99||0.87||1.23|
|2,00 - 3,99||0.91||1.14|
|1,00 - 1,99||0.95||1.05|
|0,00 - 0,99||1.00||1.00|
Even in the event of dismissal, absence or disqualification of the coach, he will get his score anyway.
The credit value assigned to each player increases or decreases after each day. This variation is called Dunkest capital gain (or capital loss) and is calculated based on two factors:
- The score obtained
- The starting value: with the same score, a player with a low starting value will obtain a greater capital gain than a player with a high value
This variation will increase or decrease your credit budget thus modifying your purchasing power.
Ex. My fantasy team has 95 credits. My player John, whose value is 20.5cr, gets a very high score and his value increases by +1,5cr, reaching 22cr. he value of my team then goes from 95 to 96,5cr increasing my purchasing power because, if I sell the player, I will be able to replace him with a 22cr player (and no more 20.5cr).
TIPS TO MAKE CAPITAL GAINS
- Top players injuries: if a player with a high price is injured, for every game that he does not play he will lose value and therefore can be purchased upon his return for a much lower price.
- Substitutes of injured players: if a player with a high price gets injured, he will be replaced by a mid-range player, who - for a reduced price - can guarantee good stats
- Surprises of the year: this is the field of great fantasy basketball scouts, who need to discover underestimated talents that during the year will score high (and therefore will increase in capital gains).
Each Dunkest Fantasy team is automatically registered in three Leagues:
- General league: includes all the fantasy teams registered in Dunkest NBA.
- Favorite Team league: includes all the Dunkest teams that have chosen the same favorite basketball team.
- Country league: includes all the teams belonging to the same nation
In addition to these main leagues, you can join and/or create other leagues:
- Private leagues: generally between friends, accessible only by an invitation code
- Public leagues: open to anyone
These leagues can be of two types:
CLASSIC RANKING MODE
Participating teams are ranked based on the scores achieved on the different Matchdays.
HEAD-TO-HEAD (H2H) MODE
Users challenge each other every Matchday in a 1-on-1 game, according to a pre-established schedule that is generated 1h before the start of the starting Matchday.
The outcome of the match corresponds to the total points scored by the fantasy teams. Example:
- Team A 200pts – Team B 180pts: Team A has more points and thus wins the match;
- Team A 180pts – Team B 200pts: Team B has more points and thus wins the match;
- Team A 200pts – Team B 200pts: the teams scored a tie, thus to declare the winner for the match the following criteria will be adopted: as the first criterion the highest score in the general ranking (the game is won by the team that has more points in the general ranking), as the second criterion the highest value of the starting five (the match is won by the team that has the starting five that has scored more points), as the third criterion the registration date (the match is won by the team that has been registered first).
Team ranking will reflect the record of wins-losses of each team. In case of a tie, the team with the highest score in the general ranking will win (as a second criterion, the team to win is the one that was registered first).
The Head-to-Head league can be composed by a maximum number of teams, which will depend on the number of Matchdays, keeping in mind that:
- If in a Head-to-Head league there are less teams, than the maximum allowed, the matches will loop until the last matchday of the league
- If the league includes an odd number of teams, a default team will be created automatically called “Dunkest Team” to which each day a score will be assigned equal to the average of points scored by all the teams registered in Dunkest in the matchday in progress
- Differently from a General Ranking league, it is not possible to add new participants when the league has started
Note: at the end of the Regular Season and at the start of the Playoffs, all the leagues must be recreated. However, it will be possible to view the league ranking of the Regular Season by selecting said item in the specific menu.
In order to improve your fantasy teams, you can buy some advantages:
- Extra credits: they increase your budget of credits (max +10 credits)
- Wildcards: when activated, before the start of the matchday, it clears all the penalties due to transfers;
- Number of players of the same team: the number of players from the same team that you can have in your team (max 4);
- No ads: it eliminates advertising from the website and app for the entire season.
- Complete lineups: probable starting five visible also for the next rounds. Injuries: complete list of injured players, with indication of the type of injury and potential return date.
- Injuries: complete list of injured players, with indication of the type of injury and potential return date.
- Players’ availability:: indication on the court and in the players’ list of the % that tha player has to play.
These advantages can be purchased in one shot through special discount packages:
|MVP + SEASON PASS
|Extra Credits (from 95)||0||+10||+10|
|Max number of players from same team||2||4||4|
- All the single advantages listed above can be freely associated with a MVP or MVP + Season Pass package, bearing in mind that they will be added to those already owned, up to the maximum allowed for each advantage.
- The single advantages and package MVP and MVP + Season Pass are valid only for the Regular season and not for the Playoffs.
- The package Season Pass is valid for the whole season (Regular season + Playoffs).
- The advantages are valid only for the current season.
The Draft Mode allows for the creation of a Private League with exclusive rosters, where each player can simultaneously belong to only one team.
The selection of players for each team should be decided by the participants (eg: an auction around a table, a call via Zoom, etc). At the end of the selection, one Draft Commissioner (the one who created the League) manually enters the players in each roster.
The Draft Mode is the same as the Classic Mode, except for the following points:
- the registered team does not participate in the Classic Mode
- rosters are exclusive: each player can only be chosen by one team
- the only advantages that the user can buy are: Season Pass and No advertising
- it is not possible to purchase game advantages, such as Extra Credits or Wildcards
- trades do not generate any penalties in points
- trades can be opened and closed by the Commissioner only in the windows provided by the Dunkest schedule, which remains identical to the Classic Mode
- there’s a grandstand with 3 players’ slots: the players in that position will not obtain any score and during a Matchday they can’t be moved into the court.
- there is no head coach
- the values of players do not change based on their performances
During the creation of the League, the Commissioner shall set the following parameters:
- League name
- Player selection mode: with or without credits
- Budget: available to each user to buy free agent or propose trades to other teams (it can also be 0). If the credit mode was chosen, it is necessary to establish a budget for the auction
- Competition mode: classic ranking or Head-to-Head (H2H) mode
After all participants have joined and the League has started, it will be possible to set the following, additional parameters:
- Starting Matchday: The Commissioner can choose whether to start the League the upcoming Matchday, or on a different Matchday;
- Trades deadlines: the Commissioner can choose whether to let the trades open automatically between one Dunkest Matchday and another, or maintain direct control and decide independently when to open and when to close the trades (always within the time window established by the Dunkest schedule and NEVER with a matchday in progress).
By choosing this mode, the Commissioner assigns a credit budget that each participant in the Draft will have to use to create each roster (through an auction). The remaining credits may be used afterwards during the trades openings.
Example: it is decided to start with 300 credits each. Each league participant calls a player of his choice, for whom he will automatically offer 1 credit. The other participants can decide to raise, always being careful not to use all their available credits before completing the roster.
By choosing this mode, the league decides that the assignment of players will be carried out without the use of credits. Also in this case, the specific modes must be defined offline by the users. However, the Commissioner will have to assign a budget in credits for the post draft (which can also be equal to 0), to be used to buy Free Agent or offer trades to other participants.
Example: the order of call among the various participants in the League is decided through a random draw. Since there are no credits, the chosen player is automatically acquired in the roster of the team that called him. After each round, the call starts again in the opposite order with respect to the previous one, thus restarting from the last (snake mode). This procedure is repeated until all the rosters are completed.
Free Agents are players who do not belong to any team participating in the League and can be acquired during the trades time window according to the following procedure:
How to acquire a free agent:
- Select within your roster a player you wish to waive and among the Free Agents choose a player of the same position of the released player.
- If you have enough budget, decide how many credits to offer
- After confirming the offer, the offer will appear in the "Offer list" below the "Team" page and can be changed at any time.
- 3 hours before the Trades close, the participant who offered the highest bid will automatically see the new player appear in the roster in the same position as the one substituted. The traded player will be placed in the free agent list and therefore will be available starting from the next trades time window. In the event of a tie, the auction is won by the player ranking the lowest in the League ranking.
- When the trade fails, the credits offered are credited back and the waived player will remain on the team.
It is also possible to offer a trade with a player belonging to another League participant.
The rules are the same as for the Free Agent trades, with the difference that it will not be necessary to wait until the end of the market time window to make the trade. The participant may decide at any time whether to accept or reject the offer received.
Download Rules PDF