The NBA 2020 Playoffs will begin on August 17 and we will not leave you alone. After this long and exciting ride, Dunkest NBA Fantasy Basketball continues also for the Playoffs with a different formula designed specifically to make the Postseason even more exciting.
What happens to your fantasy teams with the beginning of the Playoffs? How will fantasy basketball work at this stage of the season? First of all: if you are a new player, we recommend that you start with the Rules (click on the section on the menu).
Let’s briefly see the main points that characterize Dunkest NBA Fantasy Basketball for the Playoffs.
1) From Regular Season to Playoffs
Regular Season and Playoffs in Dunkest NBA Fantasy Basketball are considered two separate phases of the season.
Starting from August 14 you will find in the game the possibility to select the two stages of the championship:
Here’s what happens based on your selection:
- Regular Season: you will see the situation of your fantasy teams at the end of the Regular season. Here you can check your scores and your position in the general or private leagues at any time.
- Playoffs: here, on the other hand, you can manage your fantasy teams and your leagues for the final phase of the season, in which everyone starts from zero, as explained below.
2) Restart from zero
With the start of the Postseason everything starts from scratch:
- The fantasy teams will continue to exist with the same name, but they will be “reset” and you will have to choose your roster again
- The budget to create a new team starts from 95 credits (or 105 for those who purchase the additional 10 credits or the “MVP” discount package, which for the Playoffs is discounted to €/USD 9.99)
- Maximum 6 players of the same team for each fantasy team
- Player ratings will be reviewed and adjusted to new credits available and expected performance in the Playoffs
3) What about my leagues?
Also for the leagues it is a new beginning:
- The Main leagues (General, Country and favorite team) will be reset, all fantasy teams restart from 0 points
- Private leagues must be created again
- We will also add a cumulated league (Regular Season + Playoffs) to reward the best fantasy coaches of the whole season
4) Playoffs schedule
Given the frequency of games, which are played everyday, and the fact that series are not predictable, Dunkest fantasy basketball schedule changes slightly for the Playoffs. So:
- Each Dunkest Matchday is shorter than Regular Season and it lasts about 2 days
- At the end of each Matchday you can make Trades to improve the team and select players that play the following night
- All games are therefore valid for the game (there are no teams that do not score in a Matchday, as in the Regular Season)
IMPORTANT: the schedule for Matchday 1, available in the Calendar section, will initially be “fictitious” until official dates are available. After that, it will be updated every day based on the results of the night.
As indicated in the Rules, the game advantages purchased during the Regular Season are valid until the end of it. With the start of the Playoffs it will therefore be necessary to purchase advantages again (except for the “Remove Advertising” advantage, valid for the entire Regular Season + Playoffs).
For the Playoffs phase the MVP discount package is discounted by 33%, at €/USD 9.99.